Skip to main content

New Season, New Goals, New Life.


Once again, I am changing gears. Once again, I have done some inner reflecting and seek to get a step closer to fulfilling my biggest goals and desires. Once again, I have a gracious God who has rescued me from the mire and muck and has created or continues to create in me a 'clean heart.'

First, without getting too overwhelmingly personal, let's just say the inner healing has taken a huge leap forward and I am feeling completely healed from the past! Wow. I now enjoy the freedom to live in the present both through the ability to recognize situations from a healthier perspective and can focus on the blossoming process that will carry me toward becoming all that I can for Christ.

As Adelina begins kindergarten this fall, I have felt an approaching window in my near future as well. This is an opportunity to reinvent myself, follow those passions, dive into my strengths, and relish in the adventure of not seeing around the bend. Resting on the faith in a really, really big "Abba" Father who totally has my back, allows me the ability to see what i am made of, not in the sense of how strong I am or if i can swim as opposed to sink, but rather to dig deep within and pull out the buried treasure that He put inside a long time ago.

For the past year, I have been volunteering at the local International House, a non-profit that connects people that come to Davis and the University from around the world. I 'teach' a weekly English Conversation class where my students and I find common ground and discuss whatever topic surfaces for the day. The levels of English vary as much as the perspectives and accents from around the world. I have had as many as 13 countries represented on any given Friday morning! Over the year, my weekends approaching, nothing has served to energize me more than give a positive perspective of my city, my beloved Northern California, my Country...and even at times, my beliefs.

In addition, I have begun taking classes online! I am learning to become an Independent Educational Consultant, where I will aid prospective college students to find a 'good fit' or college match. My current goal is to help domestic high school students and international students from around the world find a place they can grow and thrive while in college! I am learning about the admissions process, the financial aid nuances, and how to really add value to a family as they make this important and often costly decision. By the end of the year, I hope to have a business entity, a website, some experience under my belt ,and my first clients!

One of the exciting things about this career is the ability to travel! I will be attending conferences, visiting colleges/universities around the country, and hope to start globe trotting soon. First stop: Denver, Colorado next week as I join my husband on a business trip. I will begin my official college visits there as I begin to continue on this huge learning curve and seek to carve out my own place in the business world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Love Your Children, Discipline Them, Please!

Is it just me or are parents getting more and more "permissive"? Parents afraid of their 3 and 4 year olds and SO EXHUASTED of parenting that they have already given up. I always imagine old episodes of Maury Povich when women would go on there, crying that their 10 year old beat them up. This blog is my two cents on discipline. After a being a mom for 1 year less than TWO DECADES, I think i am qualified. My two oldest are quite the little high achievers, both get great grades and in my biased opinion, are good citizens. In a mom group I attended a while back, they were all reading a book promoting the ridiculous idea that time-outs 'withhold love' and therefore are not healthy. The place was so filled with whiny, clingy, out-of-control children it made my skin crawl. My feeling is that time-outs are best executed like Super Nanny, where the child is first warned once, then put in time out with no explanation until the time-out is completed. (One minute per age of you

Homemade Deodorant

I like to blog about the random things i am proud of: Namely new recipes and things that bring out my inner hippie. I stopped using mainstream, store-bought deodorant, probably soon after High School with the birth of my oldest son. I remember getting a few samples in my cheerleader days, but since then I have been on a quest to find the best Non-Antiperspirant on the market. I learned the dangers of Aluminum early on, and have steered clear of Aluminum pots,vaccinations, and ESPECIALLY ANTI-PERSPIRANT ever since. I am not interested in putting toxic compounds near my lymph nodes and precious breast tissue on a daily basis. Nor am i interested in preventing my body from carrying out its NORMAL processes: namely sweating and menstruation. That's not to say I haven't struggled a bit with a good dose of BO. Ask my husband. In the summertime, he would walk in the door and let me know he smelled some 'funk'. Upon attending a mom group in the city, I learned about "zinc

God's Heartbeat.....

 As I have entered into a world recently that many are unaware of, I have become convinced that I should speak up.      Foster children are the invisible children around us.   My message to you is that more families or couples in our churches need to nominate themselves to become foster parents.   Not because they have time.   Not because they are in the perfect place in their lives.   Not because they are waiting for God to ‘tell’ them.   I think we need more people to take radical, preemptive leaps of faith, for the sake of these children.   I think we need to stop more often take notice of the need and wonder what Jesus thinks of the children in foster care. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” (Matt 9:13)    and  we are instructed to pray, “Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on Earth as it is Heaven,” I sometimes wonder if we have the ability to usher the Kingdom into our very homes by caring for th