Skip to main content

Catch up time


This weekend is Whole Earth Festival. Yeah! Its lots of fun to see the crazy hippies come out of the woodwork and sell their goods. I love the live music and drum circles, the handmade hemp clothing and babies being strapped to their moms. I love our midwife booth....the photos of powerful naked women birthing their babies in the absence of doctors.

Tuesday i find out if i am going to be adopting two more children into our family. I may have to start from the beginning someday soon and share my experiences over the last few months, but for now, suffice to say, that it has been some of the hardest work i have ever done in my life. I feel so blessed and so exhausted and emotionally drained. Our 18 mo old, Kasi, has rocked my world. I have found the food issues and attachment issues that push me to my limits, but where i end, the grace of God has truly only begun. The crying, the screaming, the power struggles, the lack of eye contact, the possessiveness, the prayers, the hitting, the lack of boundaries, the testing, and then finally the smiles, the hugs, the trust she is building have all served to bring her close to our hearts. I am praying the county social workers, the state adoptions worker, and others involved do not see us as wishy-washy, but rather responsible, good parents who really take the decision to adopt very seriously.

I will keep you updated....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY STORY- Never an option. (side note)

My best friend at the time had a great relationship with her mom. We had both got accepted to a great university and before i found out i was pregnant, we had been scheming about how to be roommates. After the big news, her mom suggested i have an abortion. "A baby will ruin your life!" she told me, "I can take you down there, we won't have to tell your mom." I know this was said with the best of intentions. But i had seen my mom pregnant with my younger brothers. I watched her belly grow and her ease into breastfeeding. My mom used talked to me about abortion and how God 'knows us from the moment of conception." She even told me that if she was ever raped, she would keep the baby. If she was so concerned about seeing the father's face in her child for the rest of her life, she said, she would give it up for adoption. It just wasn't the baby's fault. Thank you, mom. Lesson Learned for Talking with Teens: TALK TO YOUR KIDS. If you don't...

MY STORY- This is only the beginning. Part 1

The church we have considered our church home for some time often has people give their testimonies. They call it "MY STORY". They value transparency. The point of this blog is to tell the story of how i got pregnant the first time. It's the start of my testimony, but it's also important for my personal growth, as I still continue to process and struggle through the results of my decisions at that time. My hope for my readers is that it sheds light on how you can talk to your teens. Of course, the biggest teacher for me was having vivid memories myself. I will preface this by saying that as I describe MEMORIES, some of the memories are straight out of my teen-age brain at the time, and were i to experience them now, i would most likely encounter a different perception. Nonetheless, these experiences have shaped who i am and make me into the person that I am today. I will call this Scene #1. I am in 7th grade. My main priority at the time was to be accepted by my peers...

God's Heartbeat.....

 As I have entered into a world recently that many are unaware of, I have become convinced that I should speak up.      Foster children are the invisible children around us.   My message to you is that more families or couples in our churches need to nominate themselves to become foster parents.   Not because they have time.   Not because they are in the perfect place in their lives.   Not because they are waiting for God to ‘tell’ them.   I think we need more people to take radical, preemptive leaps of faith, for the sake of these children.   I think we need to stop more often take notice of the need and wonder what Jesus thinks of the children in foster care. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” (Matt 9:13)    and  we are instructed to pray, “Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on Earth as it is Heaven,” I sometimes wonder if we have the a...