Skip to main content

Homeopathy Experiment

Adelina has chicken pox. At two and a half, that is not such a bad thing, but i have lost some sleep over the last week because of it. You see, i co-sleep, and heat makes it worse, so her little warm, itchy body would wake up, ask for water and then scratch.

Meanwhile, I have had some mild Adult acne for a number of years. About six (before and after the last pregnancy) i believe. A dear friend mentioned i should try some homeopathic cell salts. After a bit of research, i bought the combo remedy she recommended: Hyland's Bioplasma cell salts. After about a month, i noticed a HUGE difference. I was thrilled! I decided that since i was having all this luck with homeopathy, why not try it on Adelina? The right remedy literally jumped out at me on the stand. Hyland's HIVES remedy. I read the bottle, it didn't say anything about chicken pox, but i decided to bring it home and research it a bit more.

At home, i looked up all the funny sounding names and nearly all of them were an appropriate remedy for chicken pox. The thing with homeopathy, is that you have to take into consideration ALL of the symptoms and use some intuition in determining what those are...especially in a small child who cannot always explain. BUT, chicken pox is fairly straight forward. In addition to the Hives Remedy, I gave her homeopathic sulphur as well, another appropriate remedy for chicken pox. You give one dose and then wait. I waited. I noticed almost immediately that she stopped scatching incessantly. I gave her another dose later that day.Her chicken pox dried up so fast, I didn't even use the box of Aveeno Oatmeal bath i bought her! With the right remedy and some more education, i am definately going to be turning more and more to homeopathy for my family's health issues. Hmmmm....i wonder if i can improve Mike's asthma????


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If You Love Your Children, Discipline Them, Please!

Is it just me or are parents getting more and more "permissive"? Parents afraid of their 3 and 4 year olds and SO EXHUASTED of parenting that they have already given up. I always imagine old episodes of Maury Povich when women would go on there, crying that their 10 year old beat them up. This blog is my two cents on discipline. After a being a mom for 1 year less than TWO DECADES, I think i am qualified. My two oldest are quite the little high achievers, both get great grades and in my biased opinion, are good citizens. In a mom group I attended a while back, they were all reading a book promoting the ridiculous idea that time-outs 'withhold love' and therefore are not healthy. The place was so filled with whiny, clingy, out-of-control children it made my skin crawl. My feeling is that time-outs are best executed like Super Nanny, where the child is first warned once, then put in time out with no explanation until the time-out is completed. (One minute per age of you

God's Heartbeat.....

 As I have entered into a world recently that many are unaware of, I have become convinced that I should speak up.      Foster children are the invisible children around us.   My message to you is that more families or couples in our churches need to nominate themselves to become foster parents.   Not because they have time.   Not because they are in the perfect place in their lives.   Not because they are waiting for God to ‘tell’ them.   I think we need more people to take radical, preemptive leaps of faith, for the sake of these children.   I think we need to stop more often take notice of the need and wonder what Jesus thinks of the children in foster care. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” (Matt 9:13)    and  we are instructed to pray, “Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on Earth as it is Heaven,” I sometimes wonder if we have the ability to usher the Kingdom into our very homes by caring for th

Candy Bar - Adoption Party for Bigger Kids

Our adoption is FINAL!  Whoo hoo! So I threw a big, BIG party.  I wanted to share a few photos and give a few tips or discuss the challenges...It wasn't easy finding stuff on the internet or pinterest with ideas for Adoption Parties for bigger kids...inviting them into the family and what it all means.  I pieced it all together and used a number of cool ideas from Pinterest and bit off quite a bit more than I realized...but it was fun and well worth it.  Here are some shots of the candy bar and some homemade decorations. Homemade Cakepops I decided thinking of it a bit like a wedding reception, since our family was gaining nieces, grand-daughters, cousins, and we were making a life time commitment to them in being their forever family. My family was not unhappy that I practiced making cake pops ahead of time, and my mom is well versed in dipped pretzels.  Our colors were purple and teal (the girls helped decide) and we were off and running.  The ceiling at the venue was v